Tuesday, January 19, 2010

By Special Request

Seems I've been lazy for the past 5 or 6 months with my posts and the tiny fan base is getting restless so here is a bit of a quick catch up on the life of a Hupp.

Hmmm, lets see where I left off. Somehow I managed to miss posting what I found out about the last seizure a year ago so let's wander on back into the not too distant past. After returning to Fairbanks I made a visit to my neurologist and the good doctor informed me of a few good bits of information. Backstory... the ER doc put me on Dilantin. Please enjoy the following:

1) Dilantin will, if anything, cause me to seize

2) Any ER in the country, by protocol, will put me on Dilantin if I come in to the ER for seizures

3) The side effect of my skin peeling on my hands was most likely the early beginnings of a fatal skin rash. When I asked how is a skin rash fatal the good doctor replied, "Well, you're skin just kind of peels off until you die."

4) I need his okay to drive again and without going on meds he may not let me drive again.

So that's the update on the good seizing of 2009. Shall we move on?

I am presently working at Safeway in Fairbanks, AK as a Chinese Buffet cook. I work with a guy named Michael who's a third short of a fifth if you know what I mean. He's a bit strange, makes odd comments referring to psychic abilities, sings loudly in what might mildly resemble Spanish but is actually not a language in this world. He also speaks in tongues during much of a shift because, he reports to management, there are demonic spirits (namely one Michael Hupp) in the department that need exorcising. Makes for an interesting though slightly creepy working environment. One day perhaps I'll be exorcised. And then I can get on with the lord's work and get some shit good and done.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet jesus. Was there any good medical news? Jeez...the doc obviously needs to work on his bed-side manner. Maybe I should just move up to Fairbanks and be your full-time chauffeur?

    Haha...p.s. now that you're a Chinese culinary expert, can I place a delivery order for Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a chauffeur. You don't happen to be free for the next couple months do ya? I'll keep you in whisky and gas. Bout all I can offer.

    ReplyDelete