Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chinatown

I spent today exploring Boston's Chinatown and there were a few high points which I have listed below in no particular order:

1) The ATM machine with the language options of English and Spanish.

2) Multiple restaurants displayed their live fish in tanks at large street side windows.  One restaurant in particular had fish, lobster, and roasting duck proudly displayed.  All looked very impressive except for the suspiciously still and upside down fish that was up front and center.

3) While walking down the street I was struck by a very strong but not necessarily unpleasant smell.  I then noticed the crates of live chickens being unloaded off a truck and delivered to a restaurant. 

4) A sign in the dumpling restaurant where I enjoyed lunch that strictly instructed all who entered the restrooms to "Watch your Hands".

No comments:

Post a Comment